|Me sporting my shoes on Smith Rock|
The Salomon XT Wings 2 trail-running shoes combine outstanding cushioning and stability with agility to help you fly down the trails and through the miles.
- Nylon mesh uppers feature Sensifit™ synthetic leather overlays that wrap and secure insteps for a precise fit
- Quicklace™ lacing system takes just 1 pull for an exact fit; lace pocket hides lacing away
- Protective toe and heel caps guard against bumps and abrasion
- Agile Chassis System (ACS) integrates 3 components to increase runner efficiency: the skeleton, muscle and tendon
- Clear thermoplastic urethane insert and outsole heel wrap act as the skeleton to facilitate heel-to-toe transition and side-to-side stability
- Triple-density EVA midsole muscle maximizes cushioning, comfort and responsiveness with twice the durability of average EVA foam
- Contagrip® outsole tendon acts like a spring to collect heel strike energy and transfer it to toe-off for forward momentum
- Running Contagrip rubber outsoles deliver optimal performance on mixed terrain even at high speeds
- Reflective detailing increases your visibility in low light
If you go on REI’s website, it’s an interactive photo where you can zoom in and out. Makes ya kinda dizzy but it’s fun to look at all the great details in this shoe! Picture was taken off their site as well at http://www.rei.com/product/795722/salomon-xt-wings-2-trail-running-shoes-womens.
JENN’S VIEW: I love these shoes! I should have bought two because I see them wearing out from excessive use but for $130 a pop, hmmm, maybe not! I did my research (like all the many products I buy) and found that the user reviews on these shoes were great. So, without trying them on (since they didn’t have it at the retail store), I went blind and had my sisters and brother buy it for me for my birthday. I’m glad I did my research and glad that they did turn out phenomenal! I wear them on hikes as well as trail running. I have used it on the 7+ mile run through Silver Falls one summer and they did fantastic. I have used them on hikes and notice my back does hurt after mile 5 but I’m also carrying a pack and really not meant as a backpacking type shoes. Also, I think I want to add different insoles in them to see if it will help on those longer hikes.
If you have these same shoes, please leave a comment and let me know how you like them! If you have a favorite pair of trail running shoes – LET ME KNOW! I would love to hear about other shoes out there. I don’t care if they are stinky, old pair of shoes! My first shoes were old, pink and black Puma running shoes. Soles were worn down, I think I may have had a hole at the bottom or some where on them but I didn’t care. They molded to my feet. Absolutely no traction and eventually they found themselves at the bottom of the garbage pail. I’m a believer of user reviews and base my purchasing habits by that. My boyfriend, Scott needs a new pair…hmmm!
|The old Pumas completely covered in mud from the Lower and Upper Butte Falls hike|